Thursday, January 21, 2010

Introduction

Hello to my English group! In an effort to tell you guys about myself, I'll start by telling you a little bit about where I come. Originally born in Minnesota, I moved to Bellevue not too long after and have been there ever since. I've been in the Spanish Immersion program (which just means I've been speaking Spanish in school since then) since I was in first grade through my time at Newport High School. I have a love for sports and played various different ones throughout my youth including: soccer, volleyball, gymnastics, track, swimming, and cheer. But my favorites to watch by far are Football (go Seahawks and Vikings!), baseball (yay for the Mariners!), and beach volleyball. My dream job would to be a sports broadcaster for the Seahawks, and therefore I am studying broadcast communications here at WSU. Another love of mine is cooking. I could cook for hours on end and never get bored, the time just flies! I spend way to much time looking at recipes online and categorizing them into my favorites folder. What can I say, it's a guilty pleasure. If sports didn't work out, I would love to cook. I think being a personal chef would be extremely awesome. I'm very outdoorsy and absolutely love fishing, camping, hiking, kayaking, or really anything that gets me outside. Last summer I went to visit my uncle in Alaska and we brought in over 2,000 lbs of salmon and halibut, it was beyond great and I can't wait to go again. I'm also a huge family person. I'm blessed with an amazing family and spend lots of time with them. My grandparents house is probably the most perfect place on earth, I've never felt more at home anywhere else.
What else can I tell you about me...
Hm, well I'm very optimistic, hard-working, friendly, and driven. But this is beginning to sound like a dating column so I will stop there. I'm excited to get to work with you guys throughout the semester and can't wait to get to know you better!
Lots of love,
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. This is funny because I was a cheerleader too, I love my family, I want to major in Broadcast Production, and when I was little I used to tell people I wanted to be on Food Network lol! It's really cool that you speak a lot of Spanish, one of my best friends wants to teach Spanish. And Alaska sounds awesome! Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is getting really weird because I was a cheerleader too!!! Haha and I don't want to do broadcasting but I'm trying to do PR for sports teams and a SERIOUS passion of mine is baking... Literally, during senior year I would come home from school and make a batch of cookies almost every day. I guess that's what happens when I don't have a job... But I definitely have considered opening my own bakery I think that would be so awesome. That's so crazy and really random that we all have those in common. Alaska sounds fun! I went on a cruise around Alaska a few years back for my Grandparents' anniversary, (fun, I know) and it was beautiful so that's really cool you got to spend time doing that! I will see you all on tuesday! & P.S. Lauren, I hope you had a fun weekend with Devan! It was good seeing you for a few minutes in Regents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, so we are a group of cheerleaders! Make me #4 to add to the cheer group. I also was a gymnast when I was younger, but it really took over life, and started costing wayyy too much, which I'm sure you can understand!

    Alaska is BEAUTIFUL! I went there on a family vacation about five or six years ago and we got to go on an incredible cruise and see some of the glaciers. I'm sure you know all about that.

    Looking forward to being in group with you!

    ReplyDelete